Yù Shèlìtǎ

About us
Contact us


Slideshow  Google Map  Timeline  Timemap  Comments (0)

In 1701 of the Qing Dynasty, 元海 Yuanhai, the abbot of Hualin Temple by decree of Emperor Kangxi erected this pagoda. The 7 meter tall tower is made of marble from a place called the Seven Star Crags. The pagoda formerly stood before the temple. In 1965 it was moved (or was it disassembled during the Cultural Revolution?) and twenty two Buddha sariras were discovered. In 1994 the sariras were returned to the Hualinsi.

Related Items:
Huálínsì 華林寺
Guǎngdōng 廣東
Guǎngzhōu 廣州