Located on the eastern side of Xiangshan, Fragrant Mountain, in the western suburbs of Beijing. Originally the residence of a court official during the Yuan Dynasty, it was converted to a temple in 1366.|
In 1516 and 1623 it was enlarged by two eunuchs, Yu Jing and Wei Zhongxian with the expenditure of massive sums of money and manpower, (Not eunuch power).
In 1925 when Sun Yatsen died in Peking, his body was interred here for a while before it was taken to Nanjing. His hat and some of his clothes are buried under a small pagoda here.
The image is of the Nine Dragon Tree on the top of the Indian style main pagoda structure.