About us
Contact us


Slideshow  Google Map  Timeline  Timemap  Comments (0)

Also known as the 白塔寺 Baitasi. One of two Beijing temples with white pagodas, the other being the Yongansi at Beihai. The original pagoda was built in the Liao Dynasty. Kublai Khan of the Yuan Dynasty had a Nepalese architect built this white one on the old site.

When the pagoda was finished in 1279, Kublai shot four arrows in four directions and ordered that a temple be built within the border formed by the arrows. He named it the Dashenshou Wanansi. It was burnt down in 1368 and rebuilt in 1457 at which time its name was changed to the Miaoyingsi.

Related Items:
Běijīng 北京